Wofford House & Little Red School
The Wofford House Museum
Built in 1850 on the Wofford homestead in east Henderson County, the B.W.J. Wofford home was moved to the Arboretum in 2001. It has been restored as a museum with the help of generous grants from the Cain Foundation, the Hillcrest Foundation and the Texas Historical Foundation, as well as contributions from many friends of the Arboretum.
The Wofford House, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings, is built in the Texas DogTrot architectural style.
The Wofford House Museum Hours: Open for viewing 8-3 weekdays, unless Special Tour Request.